Students who have previously attended another college and have 12 or more credits of transfer work.
Complete and Submit an Application
- Never attended a Montana college?
- Attended an affiliated MSU college?
- Attended another Montana college that is not MSU-affiliated?
- Complete the Transmittal process through the Registrar's Office at your previous school.
Finalize your application file and complete pre-registration tasks
- Provide your high school transcript, diploma, or equivalency
- For more information, read catalog section 1.b.
- Provide record of 2 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccinations
- For more information, read catalog section 2.a.
- Provide placement scores for math and writing
Do you want your previous college courses evaluated for credit* at Great Falls College?
*Credits from other appropriately-accredited institutions may be accepted as they apply to the established course requirements of Great Falls College.
If you want your credits evaluated, you must provide official transcripts from any transferring institutions. You may also be asked to provide catalog descriptions or course syllabi to help with evaluation.
Note about official transcripts:
- Official college transcripts must be issued directly from the college or university and must be sent directly to Great Falls College MSU.
- An OFFICIAL [paper] transcript is printed on special, watermarked paper. Official paper transcripts are sent in a sealed, signature-stamped envelope.
- An electronic transcript is considered OFFICIAL if the intended party is the direct email recipient. If emailed to the requestor, then forwarded, it is then considered UNOFFICIAL.
- An electronic transcript which is printed then re-scanned in an email is considered UNOFFICIAL.
Once the above items are received, you will get regular communications from us to complete a short online orientation, including a series of videos and a quiz. After completion, we will be able to schedule your advising appointment for registration.