Students who have previously attended another college and have 12 or more credits of successful college level coursework (not including Dual Enrollment courses).
Complete and Submit an Application for Admission
- Never attended a Montana college?
- Attended an affiliated MSU college?
- Attended another Montana college that is not MSU-affiliated?
- Complete the Transmittal process through the Registrar's Office at your previous school.
Complete your Admissions File
- Provide your high school transcript, diploma, or proof of equivalency
- Provide record of 2 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccinations
- For more information, read catalog section 2.B.
- Demonstrate readiness for college math and writing
Track your Admissions Status
- You can track the status of your application and progress. Learn more here.
Do you want your previous college courses evaluated for credit* at Great Falls College?
*Credits from other appropriately-accredited institutions may be accepted as they apply to the established course requirements of Great Falls College.
If you want your credits evaluated, you must provide official transcripts from any transferring institutions. You may also be asked to provide catalog descriptions or course syllabi to help with evaluation.
Note about official transcripts:
- Official college transcripts must be issued directly from the college or university and must be sent directly to Great Falls College MSU.
- An OFFICIAL [paper] transcript is printed on special, watermarked paper. Official paper transcripts are sent in a sealed, signature-stamped envelope.
- An electronic transcript is considered OFFICIAL if the intended party is the direct email recipient. If emailed to the requestor, then forwarded, it is then considered UNOFFICIAL.
- An electronic transcript which is printed then re-scanned in an email is considered UNOFFICIAL.
Once the above items are received, you will get regular communications from us to complete a short online orientation, including a series of videos and a quiz. After completion, we will be able to schedule your advising appointment for registration.