Non-Degree Seeking Students
Non-degree seeking students are those who typically wish to pursue college education for the purpose of personal growth, not a formal degree.
Complete and Submit an Application for Admission
- Never attended a Montana College?
- Attended an affiliated MSU college?
- Complete the Seamless One MSU application from MSU, MSU Billings, or MSU Northern. Log into MyInfo using your NetID.
- Taking more than 6 credits?
- We need record of 2 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccinations
- For more information, read catalog section 2.B.
Why Choose Non-Degree Seeking?
- Interested in taking classes for personal growth and development.
- Want short-term training opportunities. For example, we offer a 7 credit, 16-week long Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course.
- Many students will take classes as non-degree seeking at Great Falls College MSU while attending another college or university, to fulfill graduation requirements at their home institution.
Important things to be aware of:
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Check the course description to see if the class you want to take has prerequisites. We may need an appropriate placement score, a challenging exam, or, at minimum, college transcripts demonstrating successful completion of prerequisite courses.
- If taking 6 credits or less, we only need the application for admission.
- If taking more than 6 credits, we will also need immunization records showing proof of 2 MMR immunizations.
- Non-degree students who later wish to change to a degree program must furnish required supporting documentation and meet all regular admission requirements.
Once you have you completed the admission requirements, you will get regular communications from us to complete a short online orientation, including a series of videos and a quiz. After completion, we will be able to schedule your advising appointment for registration.