For information about the COVID-19 global outbreak and for Great Falls College MSU updates, please visit the CDC website, the Great Falls College COVID-19 page and the Great Falls College Healthy Spring 2021 page.


To be a dual enrollment student at GFC MSU, you must meet the following requirements:

  1. Be enrolled in a high school that has a current dual enrollment agreement with GFC MSU. Home-schooled students may enroll through the school district in which you reside. Click here for a list of high schools with current dual enrollment agreements.
  2. Be at least 16 years of age or a high school junior.
  3. Have successfully completed the required high school classes at your grade level and be on track for high school graduation. Note: if you have graduated from high school, you are not eligible for CE.
  4. Some DE classes may require qualifying placement test scores such as the ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer test OR other prerequisites set by the college or high school.
  5. Have approval signatures of a parent or guardian, high school official, and designated college official.

In addition to the basic qualifications for dual enrollment, you need to be realistic about taking a college class while you are still in high school. You’ll have one foot in high school and one in college and that can be a lot to manage.

Dual credit courses are college courses open to high school students. They move at a faster pace, contain more depth of content, and may contain adult subject matter. Successful dual enrollment students are those who exhibit:

  • Self-discipline
  • Motivation
  • Maturity
  • Time Management Skills

Dual Enrollment

2100 16th Ave South
Great Falls, MT 59405

Tel: 406.268.3700
Fax: 406.771.4329